OCTAPAD SPD- 30 INDIA VERSION 2
- 99 enhanced preset kits including 50 Indian localized kits
- 49 preset phrases including 39 Indian Localized Phrases
- Improved control over Phrase Loop Functions for live performance
- Boost your output gain +6db when a stronger signal is needed
For decades, Roland has been a leader in electronic percussion technology. The original OCTAPAD was a revolutionary percussion instrument that was adopted by musicians worldwide and set the standard for future percussion pads. With the OCTAPAD SPD-30 India Version , an exciting new chapter in Octapad history begins. Combining cutting-edge drum and percussion sounds with the latest triggering technology, a Phrase Loop function, USB MIDI, and much more, the OCTAPAD SPD-30 is a rugged instrument that’s versatile for Indian musical application.
- Includes new percussion sounds from around the world, plus 30 types of multi-effects
- The latest pad-sensing technology developed for V-Drums provides even and accurate pad triggering with excellent isolation between pads
- Four dual-trigger inputs, plus hi-hat controller for adding pads to create a mini kit, or for connecting triggers from acoustic drums
- Phrase Loop function inspires your creativity; record your playing in real time and overdub up to three layers
- USB connectivity for MIDI and memory storage
- Large backlit LCD and pad indicator lights for easy operation in low-light conditions
- Rugged, road-worthy design
Kits increased from 50-99
Fifty Indian localized kit and 49 world wide percussion kits are installed at Roland Factory for even more creative possibitliy.Using the kit chain programme you can conviniently select your required kits according to the music style and instrument category, such as drumkits, percussion, live show, Indian Ensemble,Melody Perc., Melody Synth, Devotional and Dance.
Useful 49 preset Phrases inspire your creativity of live performance.
thirty nine Indian localised phrases and ten more worldwide phrase from the original SPD-30 will show good examples of phrase loop,which inspire your musical creativity. you can make use of this preset phrases or your own phrases as Phrase Play with your Real time performance to enhance your playability and recording possibilities.
Phrase Loop Function
The onboard Phrase Loop function is a powerful creative tool that lets you quickly record your playing in real time. You can overdub up to three layers per phrase, and store 50 phrases internally. Connect optional footswitches for seamless recording and hands-free operation. You can also save your phrase data to optional USB memory.With Version 2 India you can control the start of Phrase Loop using the pad velocity,button presses,and/or a footswitch(optional)
Output Gain Function.
A new output gain funtion has been added to increase the overall output of the Octapad SPD-30 VERSION INDIA. It provides a +6db boost when a stronger signal is needed.
World Class Sounds
The OCTAPAD SPD-30 India includes more than 600 drum and percussion sounds from around the world suited to cover any musical style. Arranged in 50 kits, the sounds are dynamic and expressive, and range from traditional to contemporary to exotic. You can customize the sounds with the onboard controls for tuning, muffling, attack, pitch sweep, and more. You can also layer two sounds per pad to create an infinite number of sound combinations.
Based on Roland’s world-leading effects technology, the SPD-30’s multi-effects engine will take your performances to another level. There are 30 types of internal multi-effects onboard, plus EQ, limiter, and seven Ambience types.
Advanced Triggering Technology
The OCTAPAD SPD-30 benefits from Roland’s most advanced V-Drum triggering technology. Each pad is a separate, isolated unit, providing the ultimate in sensitivity with complete crosstalk rejection. In addition, you can connect four dual-trigger inputs, plus a hi-hat controller (compatible with Roland FD-8, VH-11) to create a mini drum set with external pads (Roland KD-/PD-/PDX-/CY-series). The OCTAPAD SPD-30 is also compatible with Roland RT-Series acoustic drum triggers for even more flexibility.
- Built-in Pads: 8
* Four external trigger inputs are provided, allowing you to connect Pads.
- 99 (Version 2)
- Kit Chain
- 8 chains (20 steps per chain)
- Instrument Parameters
- Effect Types
- Ambience (7 Types)
Multi Effect (30 Types)
- Phrase Loop
- Phrases: 50
Tempo: 40 to 260
Resolution: 480 ticks per quarter note
Recording Method: Real-time
Maximum Note Storage: approx. 10,000 Notes
- 160 x 160 dots Graphic Type LCD (Backlit LCD)
Pad Status Illumination x 8 (LED)
- PHONES Jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
OUTPUT Jacks (L (MONO), R) (1/4-inch phone type)
MIX IN Jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type)
EXTERNAL TRIGGER INPUT Jacks x 4
HH CTRL Jack
FOOT SW Jack (1/4-inch TRS phone type)
MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT)
USB MEMORY Connector (for USB Memory)
USB MIDI Connector (for USB MIDI)
- Output Impedance
- 1.0 k ohms
- Power Supply
- AC Adaptor (DC 9 V)
- Current Draw
- 600 mA
- Owner’s Manual
Screws (M5 x 12 mm) x 4
- Options (sold separately)
- Pads (PD series, PDX series)
Cymbals (CY series)
Kick Triggers (KD series)
Hi-Hat Control Pedal (FD series)
Pad Stand (PDS-10)
All-Purpose Clamp (APC-33)
Acoustic Drum Trigger (RT-10K, RT-10S, RT-10T)
Pedal Switch (DP-2)
Foot Switch (FS-5U, FS-6)
Personal Drum Monitor (PM-10, PM-30)
V-Drums Accessory Package (DAP-3X)
V-Drums Mat (TDM-10)
* Use USB memory sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
Size and Weight （Weight exclude AC Adaptor）
- Width (W)
- 541 mm21-5/16 inches
- Depth (D)
- 272 mm10-3/4 inches
- Height (H)
- 88 mm3-1/2 inches
- 3.8 kg8 lbs. 7 oz.
All specifications and appearances are subject to change.
How to localize the SPD-30 India Version
What you will need to localize the SPD-30.
-SPD-30 ( System Version 2.0 and later )
-A USB-memory device formatted by using the SPD-30. (Refer to the Owner’s Manual P.55 )
-A computer with a USB connector (Windows or Macintosh )
-A backup file “BACKUP01.BIN” as the localized data for India.
* Never power-off your SPD-30 while the update is in progress.
If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process,
the SPD-30 won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode.
USB ROOT -> ROLAND -> SPD30 -> DATA01 -> BACKUP
* Use the USB-memory device formatted by using the SPD-30. ( Refer to the Owner’s Manual P.55 )
2.Connect the USB-memory device to SPD-30 with the power turned off.
3.Turn SPD-30 power on with pushing the [ F1 ] button and the [ STANDBY ] button.
( Refer to F1_STANDBY_button.jpg )
4.Choose [ 01: 2012/12/20_India ] as a source backup.
( Refer to Update_LocalizedData_Screen.JPG )
5.Push the [ F2 ] button ( “UPDATE” ). Update process starts.
About 60 seconds later, “completed” will be displayed.
6.Turn the power off.
* The localized SPD-30 will display “Localized Ver.” on the start screen for the short time.
( Refer to Localized_Start_Screen.JPG )