We are glad to inform you that Roland has upgraded Juno-Di System Program new version 1.12. Many features are added for the benefit of users. Kindly upgrade your stock and ask your customer to upgrade.
JUNO-Di System Program Version 1.12
This system program updates your JUNO-Di to the latest version 1.12.
How to tell the version
Please check the version of the system working on your JUNO-Di before downloading the archive file.
1. Press the [ MENU ] button.
The “MENU” screen will appear.
2. Use the cursor buttons to select “VERSION INFO,” and press the [ ENTER] button.
The “Version Info” screen will appear, displaying the software version.
If this shows the latest version (Version 1.12 or later), there’s no need to update your JUNO-Di.
[ Ver.1.12 ]
- [ Functionality Improvements ]
oImproved the Patch Remain function.
If you turn on the Patch Remain function, the currently-playing notes will no longer be interrupted when you switch sounds (Patches or Performances).
For more information, refer to “About the Patch Remain Function ( JUNO-Di_l_Remain_e01_W.pdf ).”
[ Ver.1.10 ]
- [ Additional Functions ]
oAvailable for Roland Wireless Connect ( WNA1100-RL ).
For more information, refer to “About the Wireless LAN Function ( JUNO-Di_l_wireless_e02_W.pdf ).”
[ Ver.1.03 ]
- [ Bug Fixes ]
The following bugs were fixed.
oShortly after start up, the JUNO-Di doesn’t perform by the setting value of the “Keyboard Velocity Sens.” It does by the initial value ( Sens=0 ) in fact.
- [ Functionality Improvements ]
oThe Bank Select and Program Change messages of the MIDI Ch.10 were output on start up. It changed to which the messages do not output.
What you will need to update your JUNO-Di
A computer running one of the following operating systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Window 7, and Mac OS X v.10.4.3 or later
A USB-memory device ( Roland’s M-UF1G or M-UF2G is recommended )
The downloaded update file
Caution when performing the update
- Never transmit this update data to any product other than the JUNO-Di. This update data may destroy the data or system program of other products.
- We recommend that you back your user data up to USB-memory device before you perform the update. If a problem occurs and your user data is lost, you will be able to restore the data by reloading the data you saved. For details on the procedure, refer to the Owner’s Manual.
- Never power-off your JUNO-Di while the update is in progress! If a power failure or similar accident occurs during the update process, the JUNO-Di won’t be able to start up in normal operating mode. This will require servicing, so you will need to contact a Roland service center if this occurs.
- We regret that we are unable to answer questions regarding the update procedure using this system program. Please perform the update responsibly, following the directions given in this document.
Getting the update file
Please open/extract the downloaded “junodi_sys_v112.zip” file on your computer to get the one update file named “juno_di_up.bin” in the “junodi_sys_v112″ folder.
Procedure for the update
We recommend that you use the “Backup” function before updating ( refer to the Owner’s Manual ).Please use “Restore” function to re-load the backup project file.
Please turn the power off and on again after executing the Restore Project.
1. Copy the update files “juno_di_up.bin” onto the root directory of the USB-memory device.
2. Un-mount the USB-memory device using the correct procedure, then disconnect from computer.
3. Connect the USB-memory device to JUNO-Di without the power turned on.
4. Turn JUNO-Di power on. Update processing starts automatically. About few seconds later, “Completed!” is displayed.
5. Turn off power, and disconnect the USB-memory device.
6. The update is finished. Please verify the version number with the procedure described in “How to tell the version” part of this document.
* Unmount the USB-memory device before turning JUNO-Di on. Or else the update process will start again.
* Remove the update file “juno_di_up.bin” on the USB-memory device for normal use.